My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Monday, October 10, 2005

Such is life?

Just moved office (and not companies) and am discovering what the wild country side is all about.

Office has moved to Sector 62 in Noida and for me, till a couple of months ago it was just an address. Today it means braying donkeys, really bad chai, NO SHOPS but an ATM and miles of land from nearly every window I look out.

Look inward (as in inside the office) and see various handymen hammering away, to our preciously laid carpet getting increasingly clouded with dust, mud, wooden shavings and plastic chips, and UPSs going off alternating with lights, no systems in place and I realise that even moving offices can be fun.

What totally puts a chink in my happiness is the fact that office timings have changed from a staid 9.30 am-6.30 pm to a 7.30 am to 4.30 pm. So Noida has taken taken on an ethereal quality which is forever masked in a haze which the sun tries to pierce through along with trying to get me to open my eyes. I miss grocery stores and the noise of traffic and the sheer urbaness that comes with living in the hubbub of a city.

Tiffins, dressing up, reading the paper - all have taken a back seat. Our building is located on a piece of land which has only shanties for neighbours and no, absolutely no take away. Only have hideously and obscenely huge malls close by. Somebody please explain the lure cause I fail to see any. I mean they are crowded on weekdays with mothers dragging their bacchas, dressed in in trendy jeans pant and cho chweet t shirts, in and out of ugly boutiques.

Hardly get time to do anything I like - including update. So much stuff happens and passes by and I just sigh wistfully. Hopefully I will manage to go back to these timings which feel like I am back in college and well most people know what was the result of that in my life..

2 Comments:

Blogger anumita said...

It all sounds so exciting!! So much fun and activity!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Arun said...

Sector 62 is almost the other end of the world. Who on eath thought of this place for an office. And 730 am????? I'd quit before I join!

~ a

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home