My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Thursday, September 29, 2005

An image I will not forget in a hurry...

She smacked her lips,
Tongue darting in and
Out.

She was happy and
Satiated.
Why wouldn’t she be?

She came darting down
The wall.
Irritated with that butterfly.

She slid across and
With consummate ease,
Took the butterfly in.

Such a small lizard
And an even smaller
Mouth.

No hope of eating that
Full bug there.
Maybe just for revenge?

But no. She chomped
On it bit by bit.
And Ate the goddam butterfly!!

And I can not look at a butterfly and not remember this!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger R. said...

Did she have fries on the side?

:-P

5:35 AM  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

Lizards I tell you! Shit! Although, I did explain the judiciary system to my little cousin using these scaly sorpedos and flies.

Lizards I tell you!Shit! (Oh, we've been over that now!)

:-)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home