My boss has a two year old and like every parent loves regaling us, her team, with stories about her baby. And yes till now they have been cute itty bitty tales.
Today was his (her baby’s) first day in school. Now I was more than surprised. Two year olds last I heard did not even need to go to playschool! So how come this little fella was going to school?
It turns out that he, in all his two year might, demanded that he wanted to go to school. Despite his parents knowing that he was so small. In spite of the school ‘principal’ (like a play school can have one?) pointing out that he was too small to be in school.
I cannot but be amazed that such a little guy is so sure that he wants to join school. So to make a concession his parents agreed to let him go to school for half an hour every day in the recess during the play school hours. He will get to interact with slightly older bacchas and he will also feel like he is going to school, which should satisfy his urge too.
Of course, being his decisive self, he even picked out a water bottle, a bag, contents for his tiffin box for the first day and set of clothes to be worn and all. May god bless him. After all for the next fifteen to seventeen years, he will wonder why on earth was he this keen to start learning stuff, which in the process called life, he would have to unlearn anyway.

3 Comments:
Yikes! Even now I have to be dragged outside my home and put in a vehicle with a firm hand so that I reach office.
It's kids like this who give kids (like I was) a bad name. heh
I went too, (parents gave in to tantrums) dressed in sis's old uniform and was brought back after dropping sis n bro in school. And I would be happy. So stupid imagine!
By the way, now you know the boss's chink in the armour! So evil, no?
my 2 yr old neice goes to a play school. its the company of other kids that they love more than anything else.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home