My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Monday, September 26, 2005

Snail mail

I am, incidentally, one of those people who still writes letters and puts it in an envelope, adds a stamp on the envelope and posts the letter. Not courier it across cities. And I still have people in my family who choose not to learn to email and all so shifitng to Delhi recently i realised that there were more than a couple of people who would like to recieve letters from me and who would reply to me as well.

The main thing while writing a letter is the need to compose your thoughts, since the ingrained need to be neat is still present in the form of a hangover from school. And the absence of the backspace key. But my main problem is when I am writing the next letter to the same person.

There is no record of what I wrote last. So in most cases I am repeating myself and I will never know for sure. There is after all no sent log or even the reply, does not contain the original text. And no I dont believe in photocopying letters I send to friends, even on the oft notion that they may sue one day.

Though I am yet to get why writing and recieving letters causing so many eyebrows to reach their hairlines.

3 Comments:

Blogger shyam said...

hehe.. i have the same problem when i talk to friends who belong to diff groups. there is always a bit where i am told "you've told me this already!"

5:05 AM  
Blogger Chugs said...

:)
i write letters too. i even send out blank handmade cards.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Anand said...

Yes, the urge not to be untidy is always there.

Only my grannies get my letters now :(

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home