Sign of the dotted line
I work in a typical, eponymous IT environment where nothing rattles people - nothing human at any rate. No emotion, no rage, no injustice. Only deadlines, deliverables and defect reports.
Another project begins and this time we are doing a lesson (developing content and some amount of instructional design) for a lesson that involves a modern day India map (as opposed to previous lessons where the Indian subcontinent was by and large one country and that was the map we used).
While doing a review I realised that Kashmir was going to be shown with a huge chuck demarcated with a dotted line. That part of Kashmir which was accepted by the world and put out like this in the open, as a part "occupied by Pakistan."
While this has been a given for all these years, seeing it being used was a revelation to say the least. These lessons are to be used for students in America and now they will grow up learning this part was taken and everyone seems to be ok with it, enough to appear on political maps all across the globe.
I am still not sure why it angered me so but I was the only person in my team protesting against that dotted line. Do we as BPO do as they want or for once use our brain and decidely refuse to put that dotted line?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home