My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Grudglingly admitting

Though it kills me to say it, it is painful and even tiresome to keep holding onto a grudge. However valiantly I continued to make an effort to retain all my negative feelings but its taking up astonishing amounts of energy to remain angry, upset, irritated...

Its been two years and I still refuse to give up. Like most grudges, this one too looks menial from a distance of 2 years. One where I decided to remain spiteful to give up something much more important to me in my life.

Now that I realise this.. what should I do? I have, undoubtedly, damaged the relationship in question and even if I do hash it out, can I undo that damage? Do I want to? I still realise that the very points that the grudge originated for, still remain. What was intolerable then is just as bad today. Is it tantamount to a compromise on the smaller issues for the larger ones in life?

It does not feel thataway. While I cannot deal with the negative bit of emotional turbulence (too much eh?) I still cannot stand the same qualities that bothered me two years ago. In the same vein, I also have no strength to hash out a confrontation.

What now?

We are back to speaking now and slowly am certain will need to explain my behaviour. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Phew! a horrid beginning to the week!!!

PS Learn to be frank and honest, even if it is upto a fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home