My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I won I won I won

A usual morning ....spent rushing around the house to get ready to huff and puff and reach the bus and then spend the next one hour twiddling thumbs to reading book to koffing in the gradually rising thick clouds of dust...

Listening to the radio with half an ear, paying more attention to the watch(don't wanna reach late), I heard participants in a radio contest and could answer all the questions. Like in every contest that I watch, I always seem to know the answers, especially those that the participants dont know. I always rue that I do not participate since I would win!!

This time, sure to be a repeat of every time's performance, I participated in the contest opened to the listeners and was positive nothing would come out of it.

But this time for a change I won... hearing them say my name on air..vicarious thrill I tell you!! Of course till this point was not even sure what I won. (The last time I won movie tickets on the same radio station, I was asked to pick them up to go see the film which made sure I would not see the film - the radio station is too far away)

Sure enough later in the day the radio station called and asked me to pick up my 'prize' which was a dampner of sorts. Am trying to get my friend, who works close by , to pick it up for me.

Aah yes... what did I win? A CD for online games ( I usually hate them...ie games to play on the computer so am still trying to develop a remote fondness for them) and a 'Poring Doll'. For those as uninitiated as me here is what it looks like.

Nice way to take off on the mid week break..eh!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home