My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Take a deep breath..

I unwittingly stumbled onto this blog from here and .. had to pause. Is Mumbai really becoming a city suffused with hatred?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JG,

The first link on that page is to Communalism Combat. These guys were actively involved in mud-slinging on IDRF. If these guys were to write the textbooks, one would be led to believe that being hindu is a crime. 'nuff said. Read with open eyes.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Janaki said...

Dadoji.. the first link of Communalism Combat which goes to Sabrang and that is definitely not involved in mud slinging and if I am not wrong, had people like Parag Trivedi involved in it... are we still talking about the same thing..?
Its a good thing u say read with open eyes.. yes its important.. even for hindus to be able to read anti hindu stuff...

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about Parag Trivedi but I know about the two founders. Yes, we are talking about the same Sabrang that puts up a map of india without Kashmir and then puts up a lame excuse of the same having been drawn by a school-kid in Pakistan and then removes the image when there is an uproar over it. I do not make mistakes in such matters.

It is important for everyone to read everything with open eyes. Definitely there are culprits in every society but when a journo starts using colour filters in his/her writing the credibility goes down to zero. With Sabrang and CC - they may have great goals - their credibility is in the negative zone with me and many others.

So, while I will not shy away from denouncing Shiv Sena for the July Shivaji Park show, I will never in my wildest of dreams claim that Radhabai Chawl did not happen/was instigated/was not because of murderous muslims.

How come I never see these idiots denounce Abu Azmi when he talks of 20 crore muslims taking to the streets? And why does janata think it is natural for muslims to take to streets? Sick!

Why is the voice of reason dim or absent even? An Asghar Ali here and a Feroz Khan there is not enough, you know, considering the problems that face that community (by their own admission) and the country.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Janaki said...

There may be two Sabrangs in that case. Because the one Parag Trivedi was a part of was (I thought) about the arts and propogating it.
Also I was directing to Communalism Watch. I dont even neccessarily agree to it, leave aside the blogroll there but it was that one statement that pushed me into linking it..
Radhabai Chawl happened because of murderous people but not neccessarily muslims; as did Bhiwandi or Godhra or what ever else. Abu Azmi is scum how does reflect on the entire community? By your comment I am realising it does..

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, there is only one Sabrang that ties in with CC. A part of their agenda runs programmes in school which may involve art. Heck, they claimed that image of headless India was art by Pakistani school kid, didn't they?

Yes, that one statement that pushed you into thinking itself is a spurious statement - maybe "pretentious" is a better word. All these years these mahaan drishtivaale writers could not see the seeds of separatism (Shahbano case for one) and terrorism being sowed and even now they choose to point their fingers at symptoms and reactions rather than the root cause. Ever wondered why not a single "enlightened" tubelight talks about Uniform Civil Code?

You know - and this is very important - a single Abu Azmi doesn't reflect on the entire community. A community not turning on a scum like Abu Azmi reflects on itself. A community full of people not voicing their own minds reflects on the community. How many social reformists have we seen in the last 50 years from that section of India? Need to scratch your head, innit? Media chooses to ignore this stark reality. Believe me, the day we see this happen problem people like Bajrang Dal will automatically lose sympathy. Self-pity and playing the victim will get nobody nowhere.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home