The Boy Only Known as Prince
Yesterday the strangest thing happened in office. Though we are shut on Sundays, some people do come in to catch up and complete assignments, others also come in for the air conditioner and the internet.
We are quite unused to the phones ringing off the hook but funnily it was yesterday that the phones decided to go berserk. At around five, when I too was glued to the television screen wondering where was Prince in that grainy image, I got a call.
"Who is prince?", my colleague asked. I was certain he was playing a prank. Thats when he told me that India TV apparently was flashing our office lines, as call-to-get-more-information numbers. It drove the people mad in office, constantly answering and after a while, even giving updates on the trapped child.
Ironically, we could not locate any delhi numbers to call India TV and tell them. By the time we got through the Mumbai numbers, the boy had been rescued!

6 Comments:
When I was in school, our phone line got crossed with some trasnport office phone. We got several calls asking if packages have reached destination etc. With our juvenile sense of humor, we gave random information such as, "Your package drowned in the river," "Your table package broke and we could only find the legs of the table" etc and caused a lot of heartache for many people.
Thats what I meant .. colleagues started saying random things in uopdates. What's worse is despite watching 'live action' so to speak on television, they still believed rubbish we were telling .. reminds of Hera Pheri actually...and errm terribly irresponsible of us I guess.
well, all in a day's work. he he!
Glad the kid survived.
its a shame.. we are in media... if we cant get a damn phone number right, how can we trust media with serious news?
I cant believe you still 'trust the media' for serious news. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home