My Funny Clementine

....that we live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities...Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 30, 2006

Sudden death?

There, it ends
she says.
Now you sleep while
I count my greys..
and soothe my
pain and scrape
wounds..
Love and trust
was not something
we encountered, did we?
In our entire year
together..
Somehow you did not
think we needed to
aquaint ourselves
with it.
But now we go back
fighting, bitter
and jilted
with yet another
relationship finishing,
And expect to pick
up where we left off
with the rest of the world?
So what went wrong?
Do we really need
to analyse?
Or is it better
pretending we both were
errr... are right?

What is marriage,
after all, all say?
C-O-M-P-R-O-M-I-S-E
so did we?
Is it a compromise to
listen to your sister
abuse me?
It is a compromise for
you to never stand
up for me?
It is a compromise for
you to call me
untrustworthy?
Really sometimes it all
seems so pointless, na?
I could hash it back
and forth and
still will be left only
with remains of a marriage
that has been.. na?

*This is for my friend M who is soon mostly going to be single all over again...

4 Comments:

Blogger APB said...

The new design looks good, but could you increase the font size just a little bit please?

6:53 AM  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

She WILL be happy.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Janaki said...

Hey Anup... thanks.. will try am quite technologically challenged so will need external help :)
Mukta.. I guess now, if not happy, at least she will get some relative peace.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The penny dropped!
I just want her to be happy. May I say she has good friends (deja vu?).

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home