A colourful encounter

Had one of those surreal experiences - got an car wash the other day in one of those automatic car washes. It was an amazing experience. Like a total novice I asked the mechanic, "do I need to get out of the car?" "Nahi madam!" he exclaimed back.
It was a regular garage with two metal demarcations on the floor. I drove in and parked and rolled up all the windows and waited for the show to begin. First the mechanic sprayed water over the car and I thought this is hardly exciting. Before I could complete that thought, the huge brushes framing the garage door and ceiling started whirring. The speed slowly increased and the car started to shudder.
And the brushes began moving. Slowly up and down both sides of the car and over the top and back again. Spraying water as they whirred and cleaned. The car shuddered throughout and I kept imagining one of the window glasses shattering and me not only getting drenched but even getting thoroughly cleaned. These mile long and as wide brushes, were beautifully multicolured and sturdy enough not to have shredded and worn out.
The car washed back and forth and adamand bits lodged in the window sides also determinedly dug out. It came out gleaming and wet and was wiped down to look sparkling and shiny and all I could think was now my car too (like others on the road) is shiny again!
And as I write this, I can see my car covered with dust all over again! Never ending cycle it is.

3 Comments:
And that's the fun! The brushes look really pretty! Although it would be scary to see them as feathers on a bird. he he!
tis the circle of life. wonder how it would be to sit on top of the car..
one more comment for the road :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home