It was my last day today.
Its the end of one phase and beginning of another and I always, unexpectedly, feel bad.
While I am in it, it always fills me with despair and frustration but from the day I put in my papers (which was a good three weeks ago) all I am doing now is going down memory lane. A memory lane with lots of traffic of memories, the occasional goodie (when I got the singular raise) and loads of loads of things I think I left incomplete.
I will never have a moment now to decide whether or not there should be a period at the end of THAT sentence. My power in making snap desicions! I wont be worried about clocking in exactly nine hours.. so what if I spent the next thirty to forty five minutes in THE BUS, with mosquitoes, waiting for it to leave.
Then, of course, the buses. I will certainly miss those. Especially when I now may have to use public transport. The ease of keeping all your baggage aside (only physical) and reading with glee. Traffic jams helped the cause and I could read uniterruptedly for about 90 mins.
Met loads of varieties of people and most under the category of writers. Why are writers so eclectic? We had journalists, psychologists, management graduates, advertising professionals, television media and yes ,of course, e-learning professionals. Or as someone once reasoned it.. those who dont develop (software) and have skills in graphics and designing are meant to be writers or management ..hmm.. different sides of the same issue?
Its always difficult to sum up in a few words what you have had/experienced/been/seen/heard for over two years but as usual am compelled to try. This place taught me that even when pushed to limit of my wits, I dont break. Its just not worth it. It taught me that no job, however stupid it looks and is, does not allow you to make mistakes. Each of them are costly.
Some people became better friends than I imagined we would be and others drifted away faster than I would have liked. Of course then there are people like Mukta, Anumita, Sheece and so many others who have made it a memorable experience. And last and definitely not the least, it was in this company that I discover the whole wide world of bloggers.
Two years passed in what now seems like a blink and even others in the company found that difficult to believe. "What! Its been two years since you joined??!! It does not feel that long." Must remember how I remained invisible - a tactic worth bottling am sure.
Of course there is that feeling - am I doing the right thing or not.. but as of this moment I dont care. What's a plan for anyway? And as the last one week or at least a large part of it has shown, you can make any number of plans, life always has another plan.
So all the best to me!

5 Comments:
Yes...all the very best to you :)
Thanks, R.
all mistakes are costly... bang on target, girl!
and sure, life always has other plans... let's not many any more right now, but still counting days :)
All the best, J! Sorry I couldn't help carry those bags that day :)
And this week is when I close this chapter myself. Dont know if I ll have anything much to leave behind.
for those who leave is one experience and for those who are left behind is another. Your presence will be sorely missed.
there are more ppl leaving.... Sometimes I feel that it is better to leave than to be left behind and that is why ppl leave :)).
Anyways good luck to you. hope u enjoy ur time there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home