Another first
..with my car. One ^%&* tractor rammed into it bright and early today morning - not in the village I work called NOIDA but in propah Delhi.. but oh yes, I forgot, Delhi just masquerades as a city, at least as far as the driving skills are concerned.
So yes where were we? I had stopped at a red light and I heard a sickening thud and distinct sound of glass cruching while lurching forward. And I groaned. I get out and the gall of the driver of that stupid tractor he blames me! 'Aap ne brake lagaya! Meri galti nahi hai' (You braked so its not my fault) Mind you the light had turned red but that has never stopped anyone here!
My colleague then acted as the calm to my furious self. I have no idea why but whenever I lose my temper my first reaction after shouting is to burst into tears! Which is what I more worried about so quite shouting like a loon.
After pulling my car over to the side, the damage was inspected. Not as bad as the sound I heard and his boss agreed to pay for the damages but my record is now smeared, just like my car!

2 Comments:
You've been driving in Delhi all these months and this is the FIRST time your car's been scratched/crunched?! Do you have an invisible shield?
Wish I did! Everyone in my office is always criticising their wives' driving skills (therefore all womenkind) so i was determined not to get my car scratched at all.. but alas!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home