Help required
Aloo Paratha! I am so tired of working with freshers! No dont get me wrong! Nothing wrong with freshers.. no wait strike that out! Its amazing how much attitude they come ot work with. Nearly 80 per cent of the team I work with are first jobbers! And OMG everyday I go home thinking these guys need a lesson in manners, in courtesy, in plain consideration.
Our office shifted to one remote corner in Noida. I say remote because even the smokers have to traverse a distance by car for ciggies. So it was agreed upon to try and locate a caterer who would supply us with lunch. Not only did the company locate one but generously offered to pay for the first two months of lunch. I say generous because we are small outfit and they do not owe us lunch. I mean we are But the day these guys had to shell out for lunch complaining began. Then came pickle. Everybody loves pickle, loves to mooch pickle but wont shell out to buy one bottle for 50 bucks betwen 6 of them. Even this the office must buy! God forbid you have to part with money for one slice of raw mango! Of course fighting over pickle is not considered petty. Just fighting over the price is!
Of course its not only money that these guys have an issue with. These fellas come with gobs of attitude! Sometimes I wish I had started working thinking like them but working with it is entirely another thing. The chaps cant take suggestions (or even criticism) and considering we all write - there is loads that does the round, flout rules flagrantly and think because we are small its all ok. These guys smirk, shirk and are boiseterous and rude. Think the world
I, of course, have gotten labelled but I cant take their grumbling anymore and cant bear to tell them. Which is why I turn to my blog. These guys should be employed in a 1000 people strong organisation where you would need to fill out forms in triplicate for a new pencil. Then perhaps they will know why discipline is important in a smaller organisation. Then perhaps they will know the need for a gentler boss and how nobody gives an aloo paratha how you faring in your job, especially if you dont! You can jsut do your stuff, waltz in waltz out and file a coupla stories a week and nobody really notices.
Aargh! Hope their appriasals get over soon. Am so tired of hearing complaints, I feel like 'Can We Help You ?' counter? Any idea how to get past this mindblock and actually help them do better?? Am fresh out of them...

2 Comments:
Sack one of them. The rest should fall in line
Hmm, so I am guessing the 'leading by example' thing is not working.
Some stern talking required. People who can't take suggestions shouldn't take anything.
Your workplace is indeed very considerate. :-) Maybe they will learn in time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home