Its happened more than once to me.. I meet someone and try to think of how I would describe him/her to someone else. At first no words come to my rescue. Then slowly listening to them talk, gesticulate, smile, frown, keep mum ...words slowly evolve and then I realise that everyone looks beautiful and that's how I always remember them.
When I read this post and the saw the link within.. I emphatically agreed to it and remembered what someone mentioned to in passing , when I was a child. He said ".. don't use words like hate or ugly.. both are very powerful words and should not be used lightly."

1 Comments:
Yep - that's true - hate or ugly. In fact, there are several others as well. But ugly is such a cruel term. I had this teacher in school who despised ordinary-looking girls..meaning anyone who wasn't slim, fair, or with light eyes. And if any of us made a mistake, she'd say..'You're so ugly and stupid.' I mean, that association was so strong in my mind, as I'm sure it was with so many of my other pals. Took years to unlearn that one.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home