Just imagine what a woman she is!! This is what a colleague of mine said to me.. and I tried to imagine...
I had heard a lot about her in a third person not concerned kinda way. A successful woman.. into her thirties .. attractive, successful (there was a rumour that she drove her Mercedes but I do not know for sure) and confident. Works with a huge international thingummy and travels a lot and obviously knows a lot too.
But these days she is heart broken that a close friend of hers has found the woman he wants to spend his life with and its not her. She can't take it. She haunts him. Smses him relentlessly. Even calls, often at inopportune times.
He tolerated it. His girlfriend and soon-to-be-wife did as well. Slowly both could not. He was understanding initially but rapidly becoming inattentive, rude and perhaps even cruel. She could not take it. He explained it to her parents. They tried too but in vain.
She visited his place and some whispered stalking. He ignored, deleted and silenced. His girlfriend learned to tolerate it - just about. It was one of those topics that always made them fight.
This once-friend saw the friendship rapidly deteriorating and even ending but her need for that friend or may be just the fear of loneliness drove her to immeasurable lenghts, I imagine.
She turned to him finally and said "please even if you don't marry me its ok, but please take care of me..." I wonder indeed what a woman she is..........

5 Comments:
You know what? this sounds like somone i knew a good 5 years ago. I'm sure it isn't the same person. The story though was the same (except for the would-be wife).
Whatever one achieves in their public life it doesn't ensure a healthy private life. My advice to the guy would be, not to tolerate this. Nothing good would ever come out of it.
Yeah I know R. but I was thinking about the woman and what it must be for her to make such a vulnerable admission and what is it that she thinks that this guy will do fer her, that she cannot for her self.
I guess people don't think straight in such situations. Its important to have friends around to give a swift kick on the butt.
Often though, in a relationship between two people what goes on makes sense only to the two involved :)
Agreed she needs help. I'm sure her family is talking to her. She herself has to see things clearer.
Time does change things. Not much you can do by worrying.
The worst part is that I feel bad for her and not my fren (who is the wife to be )
PS the prev comment was not by me, but another namesake in this blog world.. unless I forgot that I had posted it.. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home