Its been a while since someone hauled me up for talking a lot but these days it has been happening on a recurring basis and that too at work! Yeah at office!
At office where we are to have at least a gadzillion meeting and unofficial discussions, where unless you dont talk, you cant solve most problems, there I talk a lot!
Of course I talk a lot. I always have a lot to say about a lot of issues, events and people and then some more. Its just pissing off that we are treated like school kids, threatened to be separated from our peers if we dont stop talking!!!! My Gawd!
There is more to it than meets the eye but I dont wanna get into that. It will just become like me bitching about my boss and I have yet to get another job, incase I get fired from this one, for bitching on my blog.
Its horrible.. nothing else counts. Not that you finish your work on time, do it better than they could have ever hoped for. No. You'll just talk a lot! The implied threat that writers will be reduced if u'll continue was also mumbled once!
Time to up the job search exercise! And then go on record bitching about the boss.

9 Comments:
After 4 jobs in 7 years i've realised that the job description changes, but the bosses remain the same they just morph into different shapes and sexes. I share your problem of being rather free with my opinions too, hey, have a mouth, will talk :P
Gotta love the implied threats too...goes to prove my point jobs change..bosses don't.
maybe you should consider not talking as much. sometimes, it is good for everyone around.
Anon,
Thanks for dropping a comment and thanks to its anonymity and its content, am compelled to arrive at the conclusion that you too MUST be a BOSS. A PROJECT MANAGER at that!
Yeah, welcome to the club. Had no clue my boss loved my writing so much that he read all my posts. Until the day I called him a name that only his ex-wife called him. :)) Am still chided once in a while for that, although he took it well, as a joke!
-- Heretic
Hey heretic,
You are lucky that you have a sporting boss, unlike most of them in my office. Have now decided to talk as much as I can and let me see if they have a valid reason to fire me, only on that basis. :)
Love your nic.
One of the reasons why I don't doo too well in my career is that I tend to speak my mind, even in a place like where I am now, with people holding shit in their hands and telling the gods that it is gold. It is a surefire way to make as few friends as possible, par kya kare, we are like this wonly.
And then you wonder why you don't make much progress in life when you have the audacity to tell the COO to his face, "I don't know what you have been told, but most of the stuff we do is just ridiculous crap and we have a monopoly on the crowd with the least expectations on earth who keep coming back no matter what we give them." ;=D
way to go codey!!! Yeah I too have this problem esp when am asked for estimates. I keep saying.. what does it matter enyway... we do such piddlin work! :D
hi j!
just dont think too much about it yaar. let it pass. i mean, as long as u r doing ur job well, ur boss should have no problems. but, if he still has probs, then, he may go f himself. what say?
thanks mandar.. i keep telling myself that as long as there are no complaints with my work everything should be ok...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home