Where art thou?
Looking for love? Screamed the website.
It was a business networking website and I had logged onto it looking for freelancing opportunities, more like minded people perhaps and may be even that dream job but love?
But who’s to say you cannot find on a business networking website. Just need to look for it eh?
Everyone has an opinion or a solution, if you must. “Don’t worry, if you are destined, nothing and no one can stop it for you.” (My very own words) Of course destiny also has a way circumventing your existence if you chose to wait instead of seeking your destiny.
“If you don’t meet any new people, how will you meet anyone you would want to spend your life with?” This was advice given to me during my unsociable days, which of course still continue.
It does not seem to matter that my current employment employs over nine hundred mostly single souls, all perhaps looking for that elusive love elsewhere.
“You will find love amongst your friends only,” say my friends. It does not seem to matter that, for my heterosexual proclivities, most of my friends are women. But then I still have to meet up with new people, make them my new friends and well the rest apparently follows.
The Internet and its accomplice -World Wide Web -has made it easy for multiple platforms to aim for our most vulnerable spot and make it their most lucrative product.
“Did you know that playing online games‚ like chess or backgammon‚ could bring you new friends‚ love and maybe even a baby?” Said a popular newspaper website.
No I did know that. I have an inherent loathing to anything nonhuman the challenges my motor skills and computer games tops that list. A computer would now assuage (!) my maternal tick tocks and this statement is to be read without any implied pun.
Incongruous messages and incredible leaps of faith assure me that ten gadzillion people have found who they were looking for and what was I waiting for? Obviously a serious thwack in my head!
There are those who look at me with a mocking gaze, almost mouthing out loud, “ Love! What would you know about it? Even if it came and bumped into me on a busy street.” Of course I would not but then not everyone out there looking for love, knows what love looks like. Lots of colleges days, even years, have passed by whilst mistaking a lot of tender emotions for love but those days are begone.
Then there are websites who network to make friends to just find the love(s) of your life. How is then after all these new techniques and the existing techniques of friends of the families meeting each other or friends introducing other friends, when an individual actually finds love, it is heart wrenching to see them hurt each other to just get even with the people they love.
“Just log on to marrriage.com to find your partner for life.” That marrriage with an additional r, just in case you don’t know the e-way to finding your partner in life.
One would imagine that finding love would be an easy enough thing to get done, especially since so many generations of people are managing just fine on their own. But all of a sudden we have networking websites, broking firms, portals, gaming websites, mother’s friends and the proverbial marriage bureaus, all trying to help you find love.
It comes as a surprise to me that love is so hard to find but then again who am I to make any such judgment. So then, should I, just shamelessly flirt with the chappies with whom I meet with the hope of striking pay dirt err love.
Or should I register on the numerous sites marketing, selling books, magazines, contacts, services friends, health goods, answers to life and meet strangers and then proceed to flirt and well same story and the point above.
Or should I just randomly approach strangers and give them personal details to then.. naah Too much risk in these days of careless emotional abuse even at the hands of people we know, leave alone strangers.
Or should I just do my thing and do it well and wait to destiny to turn its wheels..?

1 Comments:
Glad you started. Writers like you need to be read... wonderful post!
Though I agree, the right one will come along when he's meant to. Destiny, boss!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home